2012 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
- Stock Number: 001449
Out most powerful V Star Tourer.
This V Star makes you feel good all over. The handlebars provide a relaxed riding position, the contoured seat is just 27.2 inches and with standard features like belt drive, leather covered hardbags and an adjustable windscreen you are ready to roll in style and comfort. And don't forget the 80 cubic-inch, fuel injected V-twin engine that provides plenty of power, a great exhaust note and tons of reliability.
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 mm x 83.0 mm|
|Engine||80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Fuel Capacity||4.9 gal|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection|
|Fuel Economy||42 mpg|
|Brake Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brake Rear||Hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel|
|Suspension Rear||Single shock; 4.3-in travel|
|Tires Front||130/90-16M/C 67H|
|Tires Rear||170/70B-16M/C 75H|
|Seat Height||27.2 in|
|Wet Weight||712 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
- Additional Features: 02 sensor and catalyst reduce emissions.
- Additional Features: A 3D tank emblem design adorns the V Star 1300 Tourer and evokes a modern-classic look.
- Additional Features: Bright multireflector headlight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Additional Features: Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter provide a comfortable, low-effort ride and makes moving through the 5-speed gearbox a snap.
- Additional Features: Retro-modern bar-mounted instrumentation contains analog speedometer along with LCD display; indicator lights for high beam, turn signal, low oil level, low fuel, coolant temperature, neutral—and engine diagnostic function.
- Additional Features: Star quality paint, chrome and detailing vie for attention wherever you look; fenders are steel not plastic.
- Additional Features: The V Star 1300 Tourer gets lots of chrome with a chrome headlight housing and chrome belt guard. Plus, there’s a gloss black finish on the frame that adds a high-quality look.
- Chassis/Suspension: 41mm fork tubes with stainless covers look great and serve up a smooth, controlled ride.
- Chassis/Suspension: Built on a double cradle steel frame, giving the bike a rigid base for nimble handling, while allowing enough frame flex to be comfortable on the open road.
- Chassis/Suspension: Dual 298mm front and single rear disc brakes. Provides consistent and predictable stopping power for driving in traffic or out on the open highway.
- Chassis/Suspension: Seven-spoke cast wheels and matching rear pulley mount fat, 16-inch tires for a cool period look albeit with big contact patches on the road.
- Chassis/Suspension: The fuel tank is sculpted low and sleek for style and comfort, with a flush-fitting, aeronautical-style gas cap incorporated into the tank’s sleek, flangeless-type design. The tank holds a generous 4.9 gallons of fuel, thanks to a remotely located sub tank that also houses the fuel pump, for plenty of traveling range on the open road.
- Chassis/Suspension: The handlebar bend is designed for a relaxed riding position.
- Chassis/Suspension: The shape of the seat has been designed with a “dish” shape for great comfort, and it allows riders to touch the ground easily.
- Chassis/Suspension: The swingarm looks sweet and gives the bike its great handling character. Mated with belt guards, the swingarm’s sleek design is intergrated into the overall styling of the whole bike. This allows excellent road bump absorption for all-day comfort on the great wide open.
- Engine: 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing produce plenty of power across the board and a distinctive exhaust note.
- Engine: Ceramic composite cylinder sleeves contain 100mm forged pistons for excellent durability and longevity.
- Engine: Forged connecting rods ride a single crankpin for true V-twin sound and power.
- Engine: Four valves per cylinder (36mm intake, 32mm exhaust) provide optimum combustion efficiency; roller rocker arms reduce friction for better performance and reduced wear.
- Engine: Fuel injected—each cylinder is fed by its own injector spraying into twin 36mm intake valves, while the twin bore design allows the computer-controlled system to feed a precise amount of fuel/air mixture to the engine. The result is strong, smooth and seamless performance across the full range of engine rpm.
- Engine: Hydraulic cam chain tensioner reduces noise and maintenance.
- Engine: Sly cooling system routes liquid through hidden hoses and internal engine passages for air-cooled looks and liquid-cooled performance. Oil filter is easy to get to but also tucked nearly out of sight for clean looks.
- Engine: The 1304cc (80 cubic inches), 60-degree, SOHC, V-twin engine delivers smooth power to the ground, while maintaining the classic big cruiser sound and pulse characteristics.
- Engine: The belt drive transfers power from the transmission to the wheel with authority. The belt system is virtually maintenance free and delivers a quicker, more impressive throttle response feeling than a shaft drive.
- Engine: The classic cylinder fin styling of an air-cooled engine with the consistent potency of a liquid-cooled power plant. With the radiator set back between the down tubes discretely routed plumbing, the V Star 1300 Tourer’s classic beauty shines through.
- Key Features: 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin produces excellent power across the board along with a highly stimulating exhaust note.
- Key Features: Authentic cruiser features such as belt drive, steel fenders and fuel tank, open up the customization possibilities even further.
- Key Features: Estimated 42 mpg* means over 200 miles of riding between fill-ups.
- Key Features: Modern-classic design, including a flangeless gas tank and two-into-one exhaust, gives the V Star 1300 Tourer that distinctive Star® look.
- Key Features: Steel chassis gets 48 percent of the bike’s weight on the front tire, for quick, light handling and maneuverability.
- Key Features: The midsize V Star 1300 Tourer brings modern-classic styling along for a lighter, sportier, hot-rod-inspired ride.
- Key Features: The Star Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
- Key Features: The V Star 1300 Tourer comes standard with hard leather-wrapped sidebags, passenger backrest and windshield. The touring package is designed from the factory so it’s styled consistently with the bike’s fluid lines.